Wrong Journal (“us”, “we” or “our”) operates the wrongjournal.com website (the “service”). Here you will find information on how and why Wrong Journal collects, uses, maintains and discloses information from users of this website. The terms laid out apply to the site and all products and services offered on it.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data processor (or service providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information collection and use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of data collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
Cookies and usage data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking + cookies data
Examples of cookies we use
- Session cookies: We use session cookies to operate our service.
- Preference cookies: We use preference cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security cookies.:We use security cookies for security purposes.
- Use of data
Wrong Journal may use the data collected for various purposes:
- To provide, maintain and optimize our Service;
- To be able to notify you in case of changes to our Service;
- To give you the possibility to participate in interactive features of our Service whenever you choose to do so;
- To provide support to our customers;
- To gather valuable information and analysis in order to improve our Service;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- To prevent, detect and resolve technical issues;
- To provide you with special offers, general information and news informing you about other goods, services and events which we offer unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Retention of data
Wrong Journal will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Wrong Journal may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Wrong Journal may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Offscreen;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
Security of Data
Your data’s security is of highest importance to us, but please remember that no method of transmission of the Internet or means of electronic storage can be 100% secure. We therefore cannot guarantee for the absolute security of your data but strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data to whatever degree possible.
Wrong Journal aims at taking reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. To make changes to your Personal Data please contact us to make the required changes. If you wish to receive information about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our system please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In certain circumstances you have the right to:
- Access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you;
- Rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate;
- Request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Wrong Journal. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
Rua Eduardo Brasão 6, 3º Dto.
1900-214 Lisboa, Portugal
This document was last updated on August 10, 2021